Repco II is seeking a detail oriented individual for the Lighting Technical Sales Support Specialist. The position is responsible for working with architects, engineers, lighting designers, electrical contractors and internal sales to accomplish lighting and lighting control design for the construction industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Electrical Engineering or related field required.
- Basic knowledge/understanding of lighting, electrical services and interior design is required.
- Ability to read and understand architectural and electrical drawings, take off blueprints, etc.
- A creative person with some interior design knowledge is preferred.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit design software is required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suites.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to multitask in a dynamic environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for providing lighting design services to Repco II sales group and clients in the form of basic lighting design and calculations, lighting control design and layout.
- Develop a broad understanding of lighting design concepts, including but not limited to interior lighting, exterior area lighting, industrial, white and color changing accent lighting, etc.
- Develop a knowledge of various types of lighting, including LED.
- Maintain a working knowledge of a broad range of product offerings from lighting vendors represented by Repco II.
- Provide lighting layouts, lighting design, and fixture crosses in support of the specification, electrical design and design build areas of the construction industry.
- Read specifications and architectural drawings and provide take-offs of lighting and lighting controls for estimating purposes.
- Create bills of material, one-line schematics, electrical drawings, etc… using Repco II and/or factory software (AGI32, AutoCad, etc…) in support of the lighting design.
- Prepare bills of material for Dimming and/or Lighting Control systems in support of expanding requirements for energy saving lighting controls.
- Ability to set up or program basic control systems to customer specification may be required.
- Communicate with specifiers, contractors or anyone who requires information on the products and/or services Repco II provides.
- Work with Electrical Contractors to ensure the installation of Control System was done correctly and the system operates as originally designed.
- Field troubleshooting inquiries and work with factory representatives to ensure resolution of problems and guarantee customer satisfaction.
- Participate in training sessions as needed.
Experience and Qualities Desired
- Currently working in the electrical construction industry
- Base knowledge of Lighting Controls and familiar knowledge of Energy Codes
- Good communication skills and positive customer oriented attitude
- Knowledge of CAD, AutoCAD is preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office – particularly Word, Excel, and Power-Point
- AGI Software (a bonus but can be taught if AutoCAD experienced)
Repco II, a sales and service representative, offers a competitive Salary and Benefits package based on experience, a friendly workplace environment, and opportunities for advancement. If you are serious about making a change and the position is what you seek, please contact us.
All inquiries are kept strictly confidential. Repco II is an equal opportunity Employer.