Repco II is looking for a detail-oriented individual for the Specialty Lighting Support Specialist position. The position is responsible for working with architects, engineers, lighting designers, contractors and internal sales to accomplish lighting and controls design, quotations, customer service and project management for the construction industry.
The Specialty Lighting Support Specialist is responsible for providing lighting design services, quotations, customer service and project management to Repco II Specialty Lighting and Controls sales group and clients.
Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Electrical Engineering or related field preferred. A basic knowledge and understanding of lighting, electrical services and interior design is required, as well as the ability to read and understand architectural and electrical drawings, take off blueprints, etc. A creative person with some interior design knowledge is preferred. Knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit design software is required, AutoCad is preferred. Proficient in Microsoft Office. Excellent communication skills and an ability to multitask in a dynamic environment are required.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Specialty Lighting Support Specialist’s key duties and responsibilities are:
- Develop a knowledge of various types of lighting and Lighting controls.
- Develop a broad understanding of lighting design concepts, focusing mainly on but not limited to theatrical lighting, tunable-white/human centric and color-changing accent lighting, etc.
- Maintain a working knowledge of a broad range of product offerings from specialty lighting vendors represented by Repco II.
- Provide lighting layouts, lighting design, and fixture crosses in support of the specification, electrical design and design build areas of the construction industry.
- Read specifications and architectural drawings and provide take-offs of lighting and lighting controls for estimating purposes.
- Create bills of material, one-line schematics, electrical drawings, etc… using Repco II and/or factory software (AGI32, AutoCad, etc…) in support of the lighting design.
- Prepare bills of material for Dimming and/or Lighting Control systems.
- Ensures delivery of excellent customer service through fast and accurate processing of orders, communication, and coordinating with other departments to resolve inquires.
- Understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.
- Ability to set up or program basic control systems to customer specification may be required.
- Communicate with specifiers, contractors or anyone who requires information on the products and/or services Repco II provides.
- Work with Electrical Contractors to ensure the installation of Control System was done correctly and the system operates as originally designed.
- Field troubleshooting inquiries and work with factory representatives to ensure resolution of problems and guarantee customer satisfaction.
- Participate in training sessions as needed.
- Understanding that each project is different and requires a different set of tools to manage it. The projects are fluid and require an open-minded individual that has the ability to be flexible.
- Ability to plan, organize, monitor, and control projects, ensuring efficient utilization of technical and administrative resources, to achieve project objectives.
With a career at Repco II Inc, you’ll enjoy: Comprehensive Medical Hospitalization, Prescription drug program, Dental program, Life insurance, Short-term disability, 401(k) with company match and 2 weeks paid vacation.
To learn more about Repco II Inc., please visit our website: www.repcoii.com
To apply for this position, send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, no phone calls.
About Repco II Inc.
Repco II – a great staff and a great place to work!
Repco II is a manufacturer’s representative of commercial lighting and controls. We work with the design professionals to help select & specify lighting and control systems for general, architectural, sports and entertainment lighting. Repco works collaboratively with Engineers, Architects, Lighting Designers, distributors, contractors and others in the lighting industry to positively impact the dynamic construction industry in our territory.