A Specification Sales Representative is responsible for developing, marketing, and promoting lighting and lighting controls solutions to the specification community. This person will provide architectural lighting and controls specification support to electrical engineers, architects, and interior designers utilizing the 170+ manufacturers represented by Repco II.
- A strong background in Lighting, Electrical Systems and Lighting Control Systems.
- Professional degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Architecture, Business, or similar discipline.
- 1-3 years relevant experience.
- Knowledge of and comfort with Microsoft Office Suites (Office 365), Oasis, Bluebeam, PlanGrid and any other relevant software.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide architectural lighting specification support to electrical engineers, architects, and interior designers. Including sales calls with new products, project specific spec support, product presentations, budget pricing, and lighting calculations.
- Crossing over competitive product specs.
- Proficient in reading electrical plans/specs for material take offs.
- Coordinate with Repco II lighting controls department to provide an integrated solution for projects.
- Interface with Repco II Contractor Salesperson as well as Project Managers in order to close business.
- Build relationships within the specification community through social interaction, industry events and manufacturer trips.
- Act as point of contact for assigned customer base and internal sales staff, providing live technical support and troubleshooting.
- Remain diligent in reviewing and understanding product bulletins and updates, product parts, and lighting components.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the lighting industry and the Oasis software Repco II uses.
- Ability to read and understand architectural and electrical drawings needed to manage complex projects.
- Knowledge of relevant construction processes and procedures.
- Strong management, organization, and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Well organized and detail oriented. Attention to detail is critical.
- Prepared to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple tasks ongoing at the same time.
- Commitment to and demonstration of high ethical standards governing professional behavior and interactions.
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills.
- Developed knowledge of the industry within a given market.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely in written and verbal formats, including sales presentations, demonstrated capability to develop strong interpersonal working relationships and work in a team environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- A valid driver’s license and proven safe driving record.
- Salary Commensurate with Experience.
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision & Prescription Drug).
- Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability and Term Life Insurance.
- 401(k) with company match, and Profit Sharing.
- PTO (Paid Time Off) including Holidays.
For confidential consideration, please forward your resume and salary requirements to [email protected]. Please no phone calls.
Repco II – a great staff and a great place to work!
Repco II Inc was established in 1976 and is considered the leader in lighting and controls technology in both Western Pa and West Virginia. We work with design professionals to help select & specify lighting and control systems for general, architectural, sports and entertainment lighting. Repco works collaboratively with Engineers, Architects, Lighting Designers, distributors, contractors, and others in the lighting industry to positively impact the dynamic construction industry in our territory.