Repco II is looking for a motivated individual for the Lighting Controls Technical Sales Support position. The position is responsible for working as an integral part of a team with our specifiers, electrical contractors and internal sales staff to specify, sell, support, and troubleshoot advanced lighting control systems to the construction industry.
As the lighting and controls representative for the Western PA and WV area for numerous lighting and lighting controls companies, Repco is looking for an individual for a challenging position in the lighting controls department. With the advent of LED lighting, and the constantly changing lighting control industry, controls specialist have to develop a deep understanding of numerous systems offered by Repco; as well as, maintain a working knowledge of competitive systems. The Lighting Controls Technical Sales Support Specialist is responsible for supporting the general construction industry, design build construction, energy renovation and other aspects of electrical construction through:
- Performing drafting of tasks based on input from Controls Supervisor or Outside Sales Specialists for integration into specifications and/or installations.
- Responsible for some aspects of electrical/control system design, specification, testing, and customer demonstration
- Review customer specifications and incorporate them into controls design
- Assist the Sales team in quoting electrical controls portions of projects
- Development of Electrical Drawings
- Read specifications, architectural and electrical drawings and provide take-offs of lighting controls for quoting and estimating purposes.
- Developing an electrical controls Bill of Materials that is cost efficient and meets the standards
- As the Lighting Controls Specialist, you are responsible for the creation of submittal documentation as required for specified lighting projects.
- Performing CAD design and other assignments under the direction of the Controls Supervisor in the controls team interpreting markups and generating accurate drawings
- Performing drawing revisions and tracking changes throughout the submittal process.
- Field service/start-up, consisting of start-up, checkout, commissioning, troubleshooting, equipment placement and repair, training, etc.
- Panel designing, wiring, and checkout.
- Ability to set up or program basic control systems to customer specification required
- Work with Electrical Contractors to ensure the installation of Control System was done correctly and the system operates as originally designed.
- Field troubleshooting inquiries and work with factory representatives to ensure resolution of problems and guarantee customer satisfaction.
- Participate in training sessions as needed
Lighting Controls Technical Sales Support Specialist must have the following:
- Ability to read, understand and interpret specifications, architectural and electrical drawings and take off blueprints.
- Experience in wiring diagrams, electrical engineering or lighting layouts.
- Knowledge of basic concepts of electricity and electrical troubleshooting.
- Ability to clearly communicate design concepts through a technical drawing utilizing clear and concise drafting methods.
- Ability to collaboratively work with in house controls team, engineers, distributors and contractors, both in a team environment or independently.
- Ability to prioritize activities and effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to understand and learn system logic for controls programming for advanced startups.
- Solid working knowledge of AutoCAD and Microsoft Office. Knowledge of AGI32, Bluebeam and Revit design software considered a plus.
- Confident and curious problem solver who can think and deliver under pressure.
- Excellent communication & strong people skills and the ability to build long-term relationships with customers.
The Lighting Controls Technical Sales Support Specialist’s travel requirements are:
- This position requires travel to customer sites for equipment start-up and commissioning. Typical travel is approximately 30% – 50% – with peaks and lulls.
- Travel duration for a typical start-up could be 1-8 hours or 3-5 days. Some overnight stays are required.
To learn more about Repco II Inc., please visit our website: www.repcoii.com
To apply for this position, send resume to email@example.com. Please, no phone calls.
About Repco II Inc.
Repco II – a great staff and a great place to work!
Repco II is a manufacturer’s representative of commercial lighting and controls. We work with the design professionals to help select & specify lighting and control systems for general, architectural, sports and entertainment lighting. Repco works collaboratively with Engineers, Architects, Lighting Designers, distributors, contractors and others in the lighting industry to positively impact the dynamic construction industry in our territory.